Addo Elephant National Park
- Full day visit to Addo Elephant National Park
- Lunch at the restaurant (own account)
- Transport in a Chev Trailblazer (1-6 pax)
- R 900-00 per person (min 2 max 6) – including transport and entrance fees.
- Excluding drinks, meals and activities.
While travelling in the wildlife area, visitors must remain inside the vehicle at all times, except at the designated lookout points, where visitors may exit their vehicle at their own risk.
Why visit Addo Elephant Park?
It is now the third largest national park in South Africa with a wide range of biodiversity, landscapes, fauna and flora. Addo covers plus minus 180 000 hectares (444 700 acres) including the Bird and St Croix Island groups.
Addo was originally proclaimed in 1931 with only 11 elephants, currently is a sanctuary to over 600 elephants, lion, buffalo, black rhino, spotted hyena, leopard, a variety of antelope and zebras and for the insect “hunters” there’s also the unique flightless Addo dung beetle.
Here you can experience the less known “Big 7” which includes the Big 5 as well as the southern right whale and great white shark of the Algoa Bay coast.
Main attractions at Addo Elephant Park and things to experience:
- Herds of elephant
- The Interpretive Centre at main camp
- Zuurberg Mountain
- Sand dunes of the Woody Cape section
Map of Addo Elephant National Park